FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- I am a complete beginner/very unfit/can not touch my toes, are your classes suitable for me?
- I have an injury/illness/condition, is it safe for me to join your classes?
- Do I have to book online? Can I just drop in?
- I have booked my first class, anything I need to know?
- What should I wear? Do I need a mat? Any other equipment?
- How long are the classes?
- What style of Yoga do you teach?
- How much do your classes cost?
- What is your cancellation and refunds policy?
- Bummer! I would love to attend but can’t afford your classes!
- Where are your classes held?
A – Most definitely. We strive to make most of our classes accessible to all levels, with the “Yoga for Wellbeing” classes being the most suited to beginners. You are encouraged to work within your current capabilities and level of fitness. We strongly discourage competitiveness. Yoga teaches us to listen to our own bodies and do what is right for US.
A – If you have health concerns you should speak to your G.P. in the first instance to get a diagnosis and a recommendation on whether Yoga is advisable. In most cases, Yoga is suitable or even recommended, but best checking with a medical professional.
A – We limit the number of practitioners per class so as to provide a good experience. This means that most classes fill up quite quickly, so it is best to book. You can easily check availability in the online booking system.
A – You can find some useful info here.
A – Wear something comfortable that you can freely move in. We provide mats, blocks and blankets, but you are more than welcome to bring your own. Some also like to bring some water.
A – They are one hour and 15 minutes long, One hour and 30 minutes for the restorative ones..
A – Our classes draw from various Hatha Yoga traditions such as Ashtanga, Vinyasa Flow and Sivananda. The practices emphasise proper breathing and include individual asanas (postures) and sequences such as the Surya Namaskara, or “salute to the sun”, or vinyasa flow.
A – The pay as you go price is £9 per class. We offer multi-class passes online which give various levels of discount. These are not “blocks”, the passes can be used at all regular classes and the classes don’t have to be taken consecutively. Events and course are priced separately.
A – You can find the terms and conditions here.
A – Although we obviously need to make a living, we don’t want money to be what is stopping anyone from practising Yoga. Speak to us, we offer concessions.
A – MyYoga Place, 6 New Road – Ayr KA8 8EX